Friday, October 14, 2011

Chook Proofing The Backyard

I've had my chooks for 2 weeks now and they are settling in quite well. I haven't let them free range yet as I needed to do some work around the yard first and today that got done. I also had a friend come around and help me clip their wings so they wont try to fly away.

To chook proof the backyard I needed to block up all the gaps under the fence and I finally got around to doing it today.

This pile of bricks was as high as the top one that you can see - that's a lot of bricks that I moved and it probably wasn't a good idea considering I have severe tendonitis in both my thumbs, oh well - it had to be done.






I also built my compost bin - it's 3 pellets with black plastic around the outside to stop it from being in contact with my colorbond fence

No comments:

Post a Comment