Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Vegies Update 01/11/11

It's been a while since I've done an update on my vegie patch, to be honest I haven't been doing a lot in there other than picking really.

My garlic has been attacked by aphids :( I'm hoping that they will still be ok - does anyone know what I can do about it? Should I bend the tops over?

My onions are now looking more onion shaped! You can see the shape of it at the edge of the soil - not all of them have been very good and well behaved like this but some is better than none

My broad beans have really taken off lately - they are getting so big and bushy and lots of flowers that are turning into broad beans!!

The first bed of cauliflowers and broccoli (vegie bed 2)have been cleared out now - I think I'm going to leave this bed fallow for a while or do a green manure crop. No cauliflowers grew but I blame the slugs and snails :(

My leeks are still soldiering on - no idea what I am going to do with them all though!

My snowpeas can come out now

My spring onions are awesome!! I've been picking them and they have so much flavour - I need to use more of them quicker though

The second planting of broccoli and cauliflower - the broccoli has mostly all been picked but the side shoots are still going, I hope these cauli's produce more than just leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment