Saturday, July 2, 2011

Welcome to my new blog

I decided that I needed a place that I could document all my adventures in the backyard.  I am a relatively new first time home owner and my backyard literally started as a totally blank canvas.  I'm going to go back over some of my photo's from the past year or so and put them up here to document what has already been done to create a holistic view.

This blog will document the successes and also the failures.  Things that go wrong or don't work quite as planned I reckon are often the best ways to learn and as I am only just starting out I expect there to be quite a few 'failures' along the way to trying to develop my green thumb.

For a number of years now I have been curious about growing my own vegetables, however due to being in small rental properties with pretty much no backyard or soil I never had the opportunities to do so, now that I am in my own house I'm starting to  get a real passion for growing vegetables and I love the rewards from it all - fresh homegrown yummy FOOD!! :D
I have never really had much of a garden before so I am on quite a steep learning curve but I am really enjoying it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment