Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vegies Update 31/06/11

So it's been a fortnight since my last update on my vegie patch and there is a lot of growth happening out there. Things are going great guns for most of the plants but my spinach doesn't seem to have really grown much, thankfully it's not looking sick so hopefully with a few slightly warmer days it will start to take off.

Today I spent a bit of time out in my patch putting up string lines for the climbing plants of broad beans and snow peas to grow up and put some extra mulch down now that they have grown a bit higher. I also gave them a good watering of seasol and molasses

In other garden news, yesterday I spent about 2.5 hrs weeding my front yard! Soooo many little weeds that needed pulling out - I almost filled up two 60 litre bins and my front yard isn't very big! I've spread the weeds out over a future garden bed to compost down and add nutrients to that part of my garden. No pics though, I will try to get some during the week.

Broadbeans (bottom of the pic) and then 2 different plantings/timings of garlic and onions

First lot of Onions and Garlic

Second lot of Onions and Garlic

Broad beans

Broccoli and Cauliflower - they're getting huge! There is also some garlic popping up

Cauliflower

Broccoli - you can't see it here but there are heads visible in the middle of them now which is very exciting

Leeks - they are doing pretty well

Snow Peas

Spinach - not a lot of growth yet

Spring Onions

Second round of Broccoli and Cauliflower with more Garlic popping up

2 comments:

  1. Super inspiring! How long did it take you to construct those raised beds for the veggies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The longest bit is pulling apart the pallets for the wood, so they probably only take a couple of hours to construct once you have all the wood ready to go

    ReplyDelete